Peasedown St John Parish Council allocates budget each year to our Community Grants Scheme. We welcome applications from organisations that benefit the community of Peasedown St John.
The scheme for 2018 is now closed; the window for applications will reopen in March 2019 with grants being awarded in May/June 2019.
The following organisations benefitted from a community grant in 2018:
- Bath Area Play Project for hosting a summer play day at Beacon Field - £500
- Braysdown Allotments Committee towards annual BBQ costs £65
- Midsomer Norton & Radstock Dial-a-Ride for operating costs of providing and improving the service - £600
- Peasedown Methodist Church for their Golden Years Holiday at Home - £400
- Peasedown Social & Wellbeing Group for craft supplies for projects - £75
- 2nd Peasedown St John Brownies and 1st Peasedown St John Guides for building new storage cupboards for Brownies & Guides - £180
- Peasedown St John Residents’ Association for refreshments for Wednesday Drop In sessions - £60
- Peasedown St John Scout Group for camping equipment and trailer service - £270
- Somer Valley Walking Festival for setting up and running a new website - £50
- Shoscombe After School Allotment Club for equipment for Shoscombe School Allotment Club - £100
- Wansdyke Play Association for Family Fun Day on the Green at Albert & Frederick Avenues - £200
- Plus Village Event Grants
- Peasedown St John Cricket Club for their Annual Firework Display - £1,000
- Party in the Park through their Gold Sponsorship Scheme - £500
Further details of the grants and the above activities will be published in our newsletters
and on our Facebook page.